Check out this map on MapMyFitness: 2.46 km Gower Triathlon – Run
Distance: 2.46 km
The run comprises of 2 laps of 2.5km. There is a drinks station near the start of the route, where it is also possible to refuel at the start of the second lap on the same drinks station.
We have made a change to the run course this year due to the poor underfoot condition of the link road between Port Eynon and Horton know as the Burrows. The key change this year is the inclusion of a longer stretch along the beach.
- Exiting transition back towards the beach, follow the route down the wooden slope
- Continue along the beach until you reach a junction at Horton Lifeboat station
- Turn left, then right in quick succession to bring yourself on to Horton village green
- Run to the end of the green where you’ll be directed to turn at that point
- Follow the narrow road in to Horton village, and turn left at the base of the hill and enter the car park
- Follow the path through the dunes until you reach the junction on the duck boards
- Turn right here to join the burrows lane and then turn left towards Port Eynon village green
- Double back on yourself here, and bare right through the trees to arrive at the shops
- Follow instructions to either continue to complete second lap or enter finishing chute