We are proud to announce that Kinetica are our primary race sponsor for 2012.
Extending further choice within its Endurance + Recovery category, sports nutrition specialist, Kinetica Sports has introduced a ‘great tasting 100% Energy drink’ following the success of its popular Fuel Gel and helping to provide athletes with a sustained energy boost.
Working closely with elite sports and performance nutritionist Matt Lovell, Kinetica’s 100% Energy is scientifically designed to provide athletes with a convenient way to replenish energy during competition or training whilst stimulating improved performance.
“Our new isotonic drink features rapidly absorbed carbohydrate and essential vitamins coupled with high quality sea salt to help maintain hydration,” explained Lovell. “Additional Green Tea extract and Alpha Lipoic Acid and essential vitamins help curtail the effects of damaging free radicals and can improve sporting performance.”
Commenting on the product, Ironman UK Champion, Fraser Cartmell said, “Competing in the recent Scottish Duathlon Championships was all about ensuring the body was constantly refuelled; quick and effectively. 100% Energy enables you to stay hydrated whilst giving you that immediate boost of energy – essential for reaching the finishing line!”
Kinetica 100% Energy
- Tricarb blend – 33g of rapidly digested carbohydrates per 35g sachet – 3 sources for optimal energy release (maltodextrin, fructose, dextrose)
- Natural sea salt to aid hydration
- Enriched with energy boosting B vitamins and minerals
- Taurine for muscle function and hydration
- Green Tea Extract and Alpha Lipoic Acid act as antioxidants to curtail the effects of damaging free radicals
- Naturally flavoured and coloured
- Drug screened to ISO 17025 standards
- 15 x 35g sachets per display pack
According to results from an independent survey for Kinetica, which surveyed over 300 respondents:
- 83% use supplementation regularly – with 60% taking supplements after every training session
- 64 % use supplements to aid recovery, 62% to build lean muscle and 44% for power and strength
- 76% of users see a real difference in performance and recovery, with 62% fully understanding the importance of taking their supplementation within the 20-minute post-training window period
- Price (79%), efficacy (72%) and taste (57%) were the main drivers to influence purchase
In 2012, Kinetica has been raising its profile across the UK and Ireland. In February, the company tied up with Human Race’s Ballbuster event as official nutrition partner for the 2012 Winter Ballbuster.
While, last week, Triathlon Ireland and Kinetica announced ‘a significant expansion of their current sponsorship deal.’ The agreement will see Kinetica Sports, part of Irish dairy manufacturer the Carbery Group, receive naming rights of the Irish Sprint and Olympic Distance National Championships, which are set to attract over 3000 participants. Kinetica will also have a strong presence at various races around Ireland, ‘enhancing competitor’s experiences through sampling recovery product at the finish area.’
Also in the Kinetica range:
- Energy gels – 60ml delivering 20g of a tri blend carbohydrate
- 100% Recovery 10 x 75g sachets (£24.99) – 2:1 carb to protein supplement designed to aid quick delivery of nutrients to fatigued muscles and replenish glycogen stores post training